Wednesday, March 11, 2015

In Orlando

This is my first post since Doc and I moved to Florida in January. We made a snap decision to come here when Doc was offered an accounting internship with Disney in December. We left half of our possessions (including our furntiture), rented out our appartment, packed our car and headed for Kansas, where we spent Christmas with Doc's family. After two weeks we embarked on the 25ish hour drive from Syracuse, KS to Kissimmee, FL. We had no where to live so the first thing we did was tour a bunch of apartments while we stayed at a Super 8 Motel for way longer than desired. We ate at a Waffle House for the first time which was ok, except for their chocolate milk. Never order their chocolate milk. Ever.

It is now March, so obviously we found an apartment and Doc started his job at Disney. Everyone keeps asking me if Doc likes his job... How much can someone like an accounting job, people? That's how much he likes it. Not that interning at Disney doesn't have its perks. Like, Doc can go to Disney World as many times as he wants! I, however, cannot. They gave him 3 guest passes with six visits for all three of them. Meaning that if only one pass is used it counts as a visit for all three of them. Fun! So, no we haven't been to Disney World yet. Actually, Doc has gone with his co-workers, I haven't gone yet.

As many of you know, I cannot seem to find a job which means I get to spend a lot of time at the pool! I'm working on quite the tan right now. The old people love me and, believe me, there are A LOT of old people here. Though they prefer to refer to themselves as snowbirds. And while they are all highly popular amongst themselves, they don't talk to me. So, I've been searching for young people to make friends with and I've even found some! The first time I walked up to a young couple at the pool who were cool and we talked for a while, but it turns out they were only visiting. (shock) The second time I saw a girl sitting by herself at the pool so I worked up the courage to introduce myself. Here is how the conversation went:

Me: Hey
Her: No answer
Me: HEY
Her: ...Oh, hi?
Me: How's it going?
Her: Uh, good...
Me: Cool.
Her: Are you hitting on me?

Ok, she didn't ask that, but that's pretty much how I felt. Guys, I feel for you. I asked her some questions, but by the end of the conversation I realized that I'm not going to be able to make any friends with any single people because their lifestyle is so different from mine. Also, I need to stop approaching people at the pool, they think it's weird.

Recenlty, Doc and I realized that we have been super boring and that we needed to start taking advantage of being in Orlando. So, our first stop was the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum. It was really cool. We read every plaque in the place so it took us like two hours. Here are some really nice iphone pics for your enjoyment:





YAY Orlando!

No comments:

Post a Comment