Thursday, January 6, 2011
Being at BYU has made me think a lot about relationships and marriage. example: I am currently enrolled in a class called LDS Marriage and Family Relations, the guy I sat next to in that class today is married, and more and more of my friends are pairing off. I however remain totally and completely alone.
I'm beginning to think something is wrong with me. Obviously I'm attractive, funny, hard working, intelligent, stylish, and down to earth. Attracting a mate is not the problem. It's keeping them around. Either I don't give them enough incentive to stick around or I get bored too quickly and decide I don't like them. It's a pretty good balance. Whenever a guy I like starts liking me I drop him like a rock, but at the same time I can like a guy who doesn't like me for YEARS. Until he starts liking me.
So I figure, since I'm waiting this long for the right guy I might as well be really picky and only go for the sort of guys I want. I have that luxury, I've learned to live on my own.
I've compiled a list of traits that I would like my future boyfriend/husband to have (not in any particular order:
1. Muscular Arms - I am undeniably attracted to large, muscular biceps. I can't help it. No matter what the guy looks like face-wise, if he has big arms I'm already interested. Not huge, just nice.
2. Tall - being 5'8'' I think I am entitled to a semi tall guy. However being in Utah limits my options, but I am still on the hunt for a nice tall man. Someone I can wear heels around and still have him be taller. A nice 6'2, 6'3 is all I'm asking.
3. Rugged - I want a guy who likes the outdoors and especially animals since I plan to have a lot of them. It would be nice to meet a guy that would like the same things I like and maybe work with me. We could own a ranch in Montana or go to Africa and save the cheetahs and the orphans. I don't want a redneck though. Sorry rednecks.
(these guys are pretty rugged right? I mean, they're wearing plaid and they're running so...)
ok maybe a mix of them and this guy
4. Dancer - As in can dance. I want a guy who can move cause I like to dance and I'll bring him along.
5. Funny/ Sarcastic - Must be able to understand my sarcastic sense of humor. Otherwise my family will eat him alive.
6. Likes to play with my hair - This is probably the most important trait. He's going to see a lot of hair playing time and needs to learn to enjoy it.
7. Makes me feel small - my guy has to be larger than me so that I feel small. Can't be super skinny or (like I said) short.
8. Smells Good - like when I walk by him I am drawn to him like a cat to catnip.
9. Nice Face - The first step is attraction. Although I'm willing to make an acception:
10. Has a secret obsession with Lord of the Rings - Mandatory. The End
I don't think I'm asking too much here. I know there has to be a guy like this out there somewhere. Right? You may say, "Mikyn, you are too concerned with how the guy looks. Shallow!" Well I say, FALSE! Any guy who has these characteristics is bound to be a super nice person. Anyway, Julia is the one who is always telling me to find a "manly" man.
As a side note the searches for these pictures often led me to "questionable" material. The things I do for you people.
Went home for Christmas break. By far the most interesting thing that happened to me was having conversations with Kenley. my niece.
While sitting in the airport waiting to fly home as my flight got delayed later and later. I was talking to mom for some reason and Kenley wanted to talk to me.
Me: Hi Kenley!
Kenley: (what I thought she said) I'm excited for you to play with me!
(what she actually said) I decided you could play with me.
Me: I'm excited too.
Kenley: yeah blah blah blah blah blah
Kenley: (big sigh) aaaaah K well... (walks away from phone)
apparently she was done talking to me. I have taught her too well.
Making Kenley breakfast:
Me: What do you want to eat?
Kenley: yes cheerios
Me: what kind of sugar do you want?
Kenley: sugar. There is white sugar and brown sugar.
Me: I know, which kind do you want?
Kenley: Brown sugar
Me: Ok, here you go
Kenley: (takes her cereal) Can we watch more of my show after this?
Me: yeah sure we can watch your show.
Kenley: (another big sigh) Aaaaaaah... Good morning Mikyn.