Thursday, January 6, 2011
Being at BYU has made me think a lot about relationships and marriage. example: I am currently enrolled in a class called LDS Marriage and Family Relations, the guy I sat next to in that class today is married, and more and more of my friends are pairing off. I however remain totally and completely alone.
I'm beginning to think something is wrong with me. Obviously I'm attractive, funny, hard working, intelligent, stylish, and down to earth. Attracting a mate is not the problem. It's keeping them around. Either I don't give them enough incentive to stick around or I get bored too quickly and decide I don't like them. It's a pretty good balance. Whenever a guy I like starts liking me I drop him like a rock, but at the same time I can like a guy who doesn't like me for YEARS. Until he starts liking me.
So I figure, since I'm waiting this long for the right guy I might as well be really picky and only go for the sort of guys I want. I have that luxury, I've learned to live on my own.
I've compiled a list of traits that I would like my future boyfriend/husband to have (not in any particular order:
1. Muscular Arms - I am undeniably attracted to large, muscular biceps. I can't help it. No matter what the guy looks like face-wise, if he has big arms I'm already interested. Not huge, just nice.
2. Tall - being 5'8'' I think I am entitled to a semi tall guy. However being in Utah limits my options, but I am still on the hunt for a nice tall man. Someone I can wear heels around and still have him be taller. A nice 6'2, 6'3 is all I'm asking.
3. Rugged - I want a guy who likes the outdoors and especially animals since I plan to have a lot of them. It would be nice to meet a guy that would like the same things I like and maybe work with me. We could own a ranch in Montana or go to Africa and save the cheetahs and the orphans. I don't want a redneck though. Sorry rednecks.
(these guys are pretty rugged right? I mean, they're wearing plaid and they're running so...)
ok maybe a mix of them and this guy
4. Dancer - As in can dance. I want a guy who can move cause I like to dance and I'll bring him along.
5. Funny/ Sarcastic - Must be able to understand my sarcastic sense of humor. Otherwise my family will eat him alive.
6. Likes to play with my hair - This is probably the most important trait. He's going to see a lot of hair playing time and needs to learn to enjoy it.
7. Makes me feel small - my guy has to be larger than me so that I feel small. Can't be super skinny or (like I said) short.
8. Smells Good - like when I walk by him I am drawn to him like a cat to catnip.
9. Nice Face - The first step is attraction. Although I'm willing to make an acception:
10. Has a secret obsession with Lord of the Rings - Mandatory. The End
I don't think I'm asking too much here. I know there has to be a guy like this out there somewhere. Right? You may say, "Mikyn, you are too concerned with how the guy looks. Shallow!" Well I say, FALSE! Any guy who has these characteristics is bound to be a super nice person. Anyway, Julia is the one who is always telling me to find a "manly" man.
As a side note the searches for these pictures often led me to "questionable" material. The things I do for you people.