Friday, April 20, 2012

Doctor Part 1

Some of you may know that I have been having health issues lately that have forced me to go see a doctor. While I usually scorn such acts of weakness, I thought it was time. However, in retrospect I shouldn't have bothered.
My first visit landed me with a middle-aged man-doctor who thought I was the dumbest little girl to ever grace his exam room. Obviously, the eight hours of burning abdominal pain coupled with vomiting I experienced every two months for the past year was nothing but stomach acid. And the tiny itchy bumps that were breaking out all over my body causing me to scratch incessantly were probably just dry skin because "Utah is drier than Seattle." Nevermind that I've been in Utah for three years. The only thing I got out of that visit was an ultrasound. Only, the nurse told me that I had to drink a lot, but couldn't urinate for two hours before hand, so by the time I got to my appointment my bladder was about to explode into a million tiny pieces. When I mentioned this to the lady doing my ultrasound she acted confused and then said that, since it wasn't a pelvic ultrasound, there was no reason for me not to pee. Great, awesome. Also, they were looking at my gallbladder and the ultrasound came out normal.
For my second try I requested a female doctor who might "sympathize" more with my condition. My first impression was that this doctor was ten times better than he-who-must-not-be-named (cause I honestly cannot remember his name). Female Doctor was a lot more responsive to my complaints and she talked to me like an adult, which I am, legally. She listened to my symptoms, asked me some questions about my bowel movements, and set up some lab tests and a Hida scan. A Hida scan is basically the master scan of gall bladder scans. So this would tell me, for sure, if I had some sort of gall bladder disease.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog. It's real and the post about people hearing you pee is so true!! I hate that too!

    ReplyDelete