Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Owl


Alex and I went for a walk in the Grand Forest today. It was muddy and cold but still a lot of fun. We saw an owl on the way which was one of the coolest things that I've ever seen. It's not everyday that I get to see an owl in the wild. Alex wasn't very interested however and kept walking after a minute.


Ive been thinking about how nannying is NOTHING like being a mom. First of all, I'm pretty sure that moms dont constantly watch play with their kids like babysitters are supposed to do. When I say I'm "pretty sure" I mean that Ive spent a great deal of time with Regen and Kenley and know that thats not how it happens.


Second, Moms love their kids more than nannies do. I mean I like the kids I nanny for but I definitely dont love them enough to find all their annoying habits endearing.


Third, Moms do whatever they want. If a mom wants to tell her kids to go watch a movie or play by themselves so that the mom can have some time alone lest they rip the kids' heads off, its fine! But if a nanny sits a kid down in front of the TV too often its considered neglect and blatantly frowned upon by the evil mom society. For instance, the other day Alex wanted to take a nap (best day of my life)so I thought that it would be the perfect opportunity to...TAKE A NAP!!!!! Ha Ha HA! The only problem was that the mom of the other two kids was hanging around working. So as I tried to drift off I was on constant alert for the sound of feet coming up the stairs at which point I was prepared to grab my book from the ground and act like I was simply enjoying a relaxing read, while still watching over Alex. I should not have to endure this kind of guilt for taking a NAP!!! Especially when I know that only a couple miles away Kenley is cozy in her bed and SO IS HER MOM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment